So a few of my internet friends have recently posted a list of random things about themselves. I thought I'd join in on the fun.
1. I am 5'9...and three quarters.
2. I bite the skin around my fingernails. Never my actual fingernails, just the skin.
3. I dream of going to law school at Notre Dame...if only I could talk my husband into South Bend, Indiana.
4. My son was born exactly 9 months and 23 days after we were married.
5. I have loved reading since I was very small and was often yelled at for still having the light on in my room long after bedtime.
6. I've always secretly wanted to be a writer and have had an idea for a novel bouncing around in my head for awhile.
7. Had I not gone to graduate school, I would have joined the Peace Corps and part of me will always regret not doing so.
8. I am Roman Catholic but do not go to church with the frequency I should.
9. I've only ever lived in Virginia and would like to live in South Carolina in the near future.
10. I was 23 when I graduated with an MSW.
11. My parents have been married for 26 years, only 5 months before I was born.
12. I had 3 great-grandparents and one set of grandparents alive when I was born.
13. My favorite books are the Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Husseini .
14. My best friend lives in West Virginia, and I miss her every day.
15. I miss being in school--learning, reading, writing--all of it.
16. If I was financially able, I would have 6 children--some biological and some adopted.
17. I've pondered being a foster parent in the future.
18. I'm currently addicted to Haagen Dazs frozen yogurt--especially vanilla honey granola.
19. I have a bad sweet tooth and have given up sweets--aside from #18.
20. I've only ever been in love twice, and I don't think I really understood it until the second time.
21. My mom is one of my best friends and I believe my father is one of the smartest people I know.
22. I would like to be a stay at home mom, for at least a little while, but I'm not sure I'd be good at it.
23. Procrastinator should be my middle name.
24. I love trash television--especially reality shows like Keeping up with the Kardashians and Real World.
25. My husband and I never miss an episode of Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Lost or Grey's Anatomy.